This is a firm favourite in our household, it’s a delicious pudding which feels really rich and indulgent but is really nutritious, clean and ticks many dietary requirement boxes; gluten free, vegan, raw and refined sugar-free. Plus it is ridiculously easy to make.
It pleases everyone, our 15 month old twins and my sometimes-fussy husband (even if he jokes it looks like frogspawn!)
Here’s the recipe and method:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (I prefer black but white work just as well)
- 300ml water
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- One ripe mango
- 4 serving glasses
- Stir the chia seeds into the water, mixing well
- Leave for 15 minutes, until the seeds expand forming a gel
- Chop and blend the mango into a purée
- Stir the coconut milk into the chia gel mixture
- Spoon a layer of mango pulp into the glasses
- Spoon a large layer of the coconut chia mix on top
- Swirl a bit more mango purée onto the top
Et voila! There you have a delicious, nutritious pudding that will impress the fussiest of toddlers (or their dad!), dinner party guests, your next sweet craving or even for breakfast when you want a break from eggs!